Sunday, November 22, 2009

Salvation Army Select: Design process

The Salvation Army Select is a thrift store with a boutique vibe designed by Matt Jones and Debbie Nestvogel. Within my studio, students were assigned to a specific product to design and construct for the store.
This is my cash wrap design process:

From the beginning of my process, I was very attracted to this L shaped form. It became a very important element in the design.






This design is a little different from the rest of the bunch. I was envisioning having a simple box-like element with the SA logo cut out and a "floating" work surface. Its not my favorite and so I did not develop it any further.

Once I developed the form for the cash wrap I started to experiment with materials. I really wanted to use corrugated metal on the facade, but this proposal was disposed because it did not tie into the concept of the store.

No comments: